Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Laundry

I have had the same laundry routine since I got to school. I get up at about 8 every Tuesday morning, go from the first floor to the third floor, put my laundry in the washer and go back upstairs to go back to bed. Then I get up a half and hour later and repeat. I choose to get up at 8 instead of fighting off everyone else in my dorm who choose to do laundry at a normal hour. There are three floors each with two wings that hold at least 19 students. Thats 114 students in Eastman hall who share two washing machines and three dryers. No wonder a friend of mine does her laundry at 2 in the morning and i get up on my day to sleep in. I think there should be a laundry room on the first and third floors and leave the kitchen to the second. Maybe only put on washer and two dryers in one of the rooms. No matter how they choose to do it, I think the laundry rooms need to be reevaluated.

No comments: