Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Re:Probation affecting Studying Abroad

This blog is in response to Chris's blog about study abroad. I am planning on study abroad in Ireland spring semester next year. I would be really angry if I were put on probation and couldn't go. I understand putting people on probation, but it isn't always a just thing. A few of my friends have been put on probation because they walked into a room where there was drinking, and one of them has never had anything to drink in her life. There is no way to know who is really doing something wrong in these situations. Being on probation sucks enough, but to take away the right to go abroad because of something that you might have been involved in is really harsh. I agree with Chris, I don't think that probation should have anything to do with the study abroad opportunity.

No comments: